The Château TOUR DES TERMES owes its name to an old tower located on a plot called “les Termes”.
The origin of this tower dates back to the Gallo-Roman era where remains of moorings with boats dating from this time privilege the hypothesis of the presence of an old lighthouse at this location thus marking the entrance to an outer harbor of the former Gallo Romaine city BRION located a few kilometers away. The name “Terms” would mean “the end of the lands”.
But the Château Tour des Termes is first and foremost the story of an old Medocan family that gradually, over the generations constituted this area.
In 1678, old parchments mention a certain ANNEY, plowman on the commune of POTENSAC in Médoc.
In 1876, his great-grandson became a winemaker in Saint-Estèphe and from generation to generation the estate grew to 1938 where pierre ANNEY bought the Château Tour des Termes with its old tower and a very beautiful farm in Saint-Corbian where he settled permanently to produce his wine under the name of Tour des Termes.
In 1979, his son Jean and his grandson Christophe perpetuate the family tradition by developing the vineyard and making major investments in buildings and equipment as well as large-scale plot selection efforts. What today allows Château Tour des Termes to be part of the best Bourgeois Crus of the appellation.
The wines are richly coloured and deeply flavored and are known for their longevity. While most of the wine is produced under the cru bourgeois designation.